Nigeria minister of Education, Adamu Adamu is inviting Nigerians that are interested and qualified to apply for the 2022 Federal Government Scholarship Award.
How to apply for Federal Government scholarship 2022 award for Nigerians
The scholarship award is opened to all undergraduate and postgraduate studies in countries that have bilateral education agreement (BEA) with Nigeria.
Recipients of this scholarship would be have the opportunity to do their undergraduates studies in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Romania.
Then for Postgraduate studies, can do theirs in Russia (if you have a first degree from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Mexico.
How to apply
- All qualify candidates need to visit the federal ministry of education website, www.education.gov.ng
- Click on Federal Scholarship Board icon on the Home Page
- Read the guidelines and then complete the application form online
- Print the complete application form.
Note: Applicant are not required to pay any processing fee.
Who dey qualify
- For the undergraduate scholarship, the age limit is 17 to 20 years.
- Anybody that participate must have a minimum qualification of five(5) distinctions (As and Bs) in their Senior Secondary School Certificates.
- WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only for the subject that are relevant to your fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- The certificate must be more than two (2) years old (That is 2019 and 2020) for non-African countries and for African countries the age of your certificate is one year (2020) only.
- For the Postgraduate scholarship, the age limit is 35years for masters and 40 years for Ph.D
- All applicant for the Postgraduate degree courses must have first degree with 1st class or at least 2nd class Upper Division.
- Any applicant that have been a recipient of foreign awards in the past must have at least two (2) post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicant must to have completed their N.Y.S.C programme.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificate is required.
- Evidence of readiness of your employer to release you to go for your study.
Field of Study
- Environmental sciences,
- Sports, Law,
- Social Sciences,
- Medicine (Very limited),
- Pilot Engineering,
Postgraduate level– Master degree and PhD for all fields.
Since all the countries that Nigeria signed bilateral education agreement with are not English speaking nation, applicant need to prepare for mandatory one year foreign language course in their country of choice.
All applicant for the Russia Postgraduate scholarship are required to already have their 1st degree form a Russia university and have to upload the certificate online;
- Undergraduate: WAEC/WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigine letter.
- Postgraduate: 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC/WASSCE, Indigine letter and NYSC discharge Certificate.
All applicant for Hungarian scholarship can apply for up to two field of study as they prefer and must visit the website www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu and Complete the form online.
The required certificate for candidates that are applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria, should note that only WASSCE/WAEC is accepted.
Nominated Candidates would need to submit the Authenticated copies of academic certificate, data page of their current international passport, specified medical reports from a government hospitals, national identification number, police clearance certificate and submit to the Federal Scholarship board.