Excellent morning! This is nowadays’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The embattled Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Agboola Ajayi has resigned his club from the Peoples Democratic Celebration, PDP, six weeks after he dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
The deputy governor who got here 2nd all the way through the July 22 governorship primaries of the PDP after shedding to candidate of the celebration, Eyitayo Jegede used to be stated to have perfected transfer to fly the flag of the Zenith Labour Celebration, ZLP, on the approaching October 10, 2020 governorship election within the state.
2. Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the PDP Marketing campaign Council for the Edo State Governorship election, Nyesom Wike, has alleged plans from some quarters to scuttle the Edo State Governorship election on September 7 in a determined effort to take away Governor Godwin Obaseki from Administrative center.
Wike said that the alleged plan is to scuttle the governorship election in Edo State since the All Progressives Congress is petrified of a loose and truthful election.
3. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has introduced the beginning date for the post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (post-UTME).
The screening for the 2020 admission processes will begin on September 7 in universities, polytechnics and schools of schooling.
4. The Federal Govt has warned that the 945 deaths recorded in COVID-19 pandemic circumstances is a wakeup name for voters to take suitable measures to keep away from being inflamed.
The Minister of Well being, Dr Osagie Ehanire, who stated this on Monday in Abuja on the joint nationwide briefing of the Presidential Job Drive (PTF) on COVID-19, now not that as at August 10, 2020, Nigeria has recorded 46,577 circumstances from 317,496 samples examined to this point, whilst 33,186 individuals were handled and discharged.
5. The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, on Monday warned that Bola Tinubu, Nationwide Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC; ex-APC Nationwide Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole and Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje are running in opposition to developing a really perfect calamity in Nigeria.
The Deputy Governor warned Edo indigenes to avoid the APC leaders as a result of they’ll deliver calamity to the state.
6. The Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) has stated it’ll head to the Excellent Court docket for ultimate judgement, on whether or not it has the powers to deregister political events.
A observation signed by means of the fee’s spokesperson, Festus Okoye, on Monday, stated INEC will enchantment a judgement of the Court docket of Attraction, that voided its deregistration of 22 events.
7. Aliyu Lemu, legal professional to the suspended appearing Chairman of the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has stated that up until this second, his shopper has now not been instructed why he’s being investigated.
Lemu stated former EFCC boss isn’t pleased with the best way the listening to is being performed, announcing that the committee is already going in opposition to President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive to habits a public listening to.
8. The Nationwide Consultative Entrance, NCF, the newly shaped political staff, has lamented the speed of lack of confidence in Nigeria.
NCF stated Nigeria would possibly finally end up like Somalia with the present fashionable violence, insurgency, banditry, and crime within the nation.
9. The Peoples Democratic Celebration (PDP) Kaduna State bankruptcy, on Monday, lifted the suspension on Sen. Suleiman Hunkuyi, Dr Matoh Dogara and 5 different best contributors of the celebration.
The announcement used to be contained in a observation issued by means of Felix Hyat, the celebration’s Caretaker Committee Chairman in Kaduna.
10. Deji Adeyanju, convener of pro-Democracy staff, Involved Nigerians, on Monday charged the Peoples Democratic Celebration, PDP, to steer a protest in opposition to Godswill Akpabio, Minister of Niger Delta Affairs.
Adeyanju stated PDP must lead a protest to the Presidential Villa and the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee, EFCC, tough for Akpabio’s sack.