Excellent morning! This is lately’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The suspended Appearing Chairman of the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has stated that the purported period in-between record of his probe didn’t emanate from the Presidential Panel.
Attorney to Magu, Wahab Shittu, disclosed this in a remark, quoting the Chairman of the panel, Justice Ayo Salami.
2. The Presidency on Sunday reacted to Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister’s assault on a reporter, Charles Eyo.
President Muhammadu Buhari’s Senior Particular Assistant on Media and Exposure, Garba Shehu stated there used to be no silly query in journalism, including that the fundamentals in journalism point out that there are most effective silly solutions and now not questions.
3. The Northern Elders’ Discussion board, NEF, has declared that the new newsletter by means of the Senate ad-hoc Committee at the Evaluate of the 1999 Charter (as amended) is of no worth.
The NEF prompt that “the workout must now not be supported by means of any Nigerian in reality involved by means of waste in governance at this tough time when the financial system is going through remarkable demanding situations.”
4. The Peoples Democratic Birthday celebration, PDP, has cleared all of the chairmanship and councillorship positions within the native executive election performed around the 13 native executive spaces of the state.
The chairman of the Ebonyi State Impartial Electoral Fee, EBSIEC, Barr. Jossy Eze, whilst stating the winners within the election, affirmed the victory of PDP applicants in all LGAs.
5. Anambra businessman, Prince Arthur Eze, has described the decision by means of the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, for the banishment of 12 monarchs who accompanied him to Abuja as inconsequential.
In a remark on Sunday by means of Eze’s Head, Media Directorate, Okpala Okechukwu, he stated, “The eye of the media directorate to the main philanthropist, industrialist trade magnate and oil service provider, Prince Engr Arthur Eze has been interested in a choice by means of one Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngigie of Alor the town.”
6. 138 new showed instances and a pair of deaths of coronavirus were recorded in Nigeria, consistent with the NCDC.
The 138 new instances are reported from 14 states- Plateau (55), Lagos (15), Ebonyi (11), Oyo (11), Abia (cool, Anambra (7), FCT (7), Rivers (7), Kaduna (6), Ondo (5), Kwara (3), Bauchi (1), Benue (1), Edo (1).
7. Some aggrieved Northern legal professionals who pulled out from the just lately concluded Nigeria Bar Affiliation (NBA) convention had written to the Legal professional Common and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami informing him concerning the formation of a brand new workforce referred to as New Nigerian Bar Affiliation (NNBA).
The letter dated 28th August 2020 and signed by means of the conveners of the brand new workforce, Barrister Nuhu Ibrahim and Barrister Abdulbasit Suleiman affirmed that the formation of the brand new workforce has transform crucial and expedient.
8. Governors within the South East geo-political zone and different leaders of the zone, on Sunday, converged at the Akanu Ibiam World Airport, Enugu, to witness the historical reopening and inauguration of the newly rehabilitated runway of the airport, expressing deep appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari for acceding to their yearnings by means of approving and liberating the sum of N10 billion for the rehabilitation of the airport.
Talking all the way through the reopening of the airport which used to be closed on August 24, 2019, for a complete rehabilitation of the runway and different amenities, the Igbo leaders additionally counseled Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State for his remarkable dedication, resilience and sacrifice against the actualization of the venture.
9. Two participants of the Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky- led Islamic Motion in Nigeria (IMN) differently referred to as Shi’ites, had been reportedly killed all the way through a conflict with Police in Kaduna on Sunday.
The sect participants had been out in protest to press call for for unencumber in their chief, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky and his spouse, Zeenat, who’ve been in detention since December, 2015 after a bloody conflict with infantrymen in Zaria.
10. Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari has confident him of a calm election come September 19.
Obaseki, who’s the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Birthday celebration, PDP, stated this whilst calling on electorate to come back out en masse to solid their votes.