Excellent morning! This is lately’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Keep watch over (NCDC) on Sunday night time, showed 555 new COVID-19 circumstances, bringing the present tally within the nation to 40,532.
It mentioned Lagos recorded 156 circumstances, Kano, 65 and Ogun, 57, amongst others.
2. Ibrahim Magu, the suspended appearing Chairman of the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC), has declared that he’ll now not disguise however used to be now in a position to struggle again at orchestrated assaults towards his individual.
Magu mentioned he’ll henceforth respond to the entire allegations towards him in public, in a remark made to be had to journalists through Wahab Shittu, Magu’s attorney on Sunday.
3. Former Speaker of the Space of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has defined why he left the opposition Peoples Democratic Celebration (PDP) for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
In a letter of resignation addressed to the Bogoro ‘C’ Ward Chairman of the PDP, Dogara cited failure of governance in his house state, Bauchi, underneath the management of Governor Bala Mohammed whom he helped set up as a governor in 2019.
4. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared that the Peoples Democratic Celebration (PDP), Governors Godwin Obaseki (Edo) and Nyesom Wike (Rivers) had been in the back of the violence on the Oba of Benin’s palace on Saturday.
The celebration mentioned the destruction of belongings used to be “a glimpse into the do or die plot the PDP plans to unharness within the lead as much as the September 19 Governorship Election.”
5. The Human Rights Writers Affiliation of Nigeria, HURIWA, has condemned the silence of a few stakeholders over the continued genocide within the Christian ruled Southern Kaduna State through armed Fulani herdsmen and armed mercenaries.
The crowd mentioned it used to be irked that the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’iad Abubakar Muhammadu, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, probably the most senior Catholic clergy in Nigeria, Catholic Bishops Convention of Nigeria, CBCN, and the nationwide management of the Christian Affiliation of Nigeria, CAN, weren’t talking out in condemnation of the Federal and the Kaduna State governments.
6. Two individuals had been showed lifeless whilst 3 had been significantly injured as a 20-feet container fell on a industrial bus at Ilasamaja at the Oshodi-Badagry Limited-access highway, Lagos.
The Lagos State Emergency Control Company, LASEMA, Director-Normal, Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who showed the twist of fate on Sunday to newsmen mentioned the lifeless our bodies and injured individuals have been taken to Isolo Normal Medical institution through LASEMA Responder.
7. South-East Governors Discussion board says obligatory COVID-19 assessments can be carried out on lecturers sooner than faculties within the area reopen.
Discussion board Chairman and Ebonyi Governor, Dave Umahi, who made the disclosure at a media briefing on Sunday, mentioned there have been fears for kindergarten and number one faculty pupils who don’t perceive what’s social distancing.
8. The listing containing names of Senators and Space of Representatives individuals concerned within the Niger Delta Building Fee, NDDC, contracts has surfaced.
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio submitted the names to the Nationwide Meeting committees probing the actions of the fee closing Thursday.
9. The Sultan of Sokoto and President-Normal, Nigerian Ideal Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammad Sa’advert Abubakar has prompt Muslims around the nation to look at approaching Eld-Kabir pageant consistent with Coronavirus often referred to as COVID-19 laws of their respective states.
Abubakar mentioned that during puts the place restrictions had been lifted from congregational prayers, Muslims must follow their Eid prayers whilst nonetheless taking essential protection measures referring to non-public hygiene, facial mask and social distancing.
10. Former Nationwide Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has mentioned the celebration’s Edo State governorship candidate, Pastor Ize-Iyamu, is not going to repeat the errors of the incumbent, Godwin Obaseki.
Oshiomhole, who mentioned this in Benin GRA within the State capital, whilst addressing APC individuals on Sunday, admitted that he offered “a nasty product” to the folks in 2016.