Excellent morning! Here’s nowadays’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Kwara State Deputy Governor, Kayode Alabi, and his spouse, Abieyuwa, have examined sure for coronavirus.
Rafiu Ajakaye, Leader Press Secretary to Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, who made the announcement in a commentary on Tuesday, disclosed that on Monday, Alabi and his spouse have been examined when they confirmed slight signs of coronavirus.
2. The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, has mentioned there was once not anything mistaken with Nigeria ceding her sovereignty to China.
The Minister, who was once fielding questions at the controversies surrounding the $500 million mortgage from China on Channels Tv’s Politics Nowadays, insisted that Chinese language loans are the most affordable type of loans the rustic can get any place.
3. Bristow Helicopters has introduced the sack of over 100 pilots and engineers in its make use of.
The corporate, which made this identified in a commentary launched on Tuesday, mentioned it engaged with the Nationwide Affiliation of Airplane Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) to barter a good and equitable redundancy repayment for the ones affected.
4. The Minister of Data and Tradition, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Tuesday, reviewed the penalty for hate speech in Nigeria.
The Minister, who disclosed this on the unveiling rite of the reviewed Nigeria Broadcasting Code arranged by way of the Nationwide Broadcasting Fee (NBC) in Lagos, mentioned the reviewed code contained the Antitrust provision geared toward boosting native content material and inspiring the expansion of the native trade, amongst different provisions.
5. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has mentioned that he’s no longer stunned by way of the new revelations in regards to the actions of the Niger Delta Construction Fee (NDDC).
Consistent with Wike, the company has since deviated from its unique mandate and has develop into a money cow for some corrupt politicians.
6. The Nigerian Senate has printed how the Niger Delta Construction Fee (NDDC) control shared roughly N5 billion for “medicals”.
In a record by way of the Advert-hoc committee which probed the multi-billion Naira scandal in NDDC, the Senate mentioned the disbursements, paid into person accounts, have been made in March all over the national lockdown.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, ordered the rejig of operational methods of Nigeria’s safety community.
Primary Normal Babagana Mungono, rtd, Nationwide Safety Adviser (NSA), after a Nationwide Safety Council assembly held on the State Space, informed newsmen that this may successfully counter the safety scenario around the nation.
8. Over 900 COVID-19 similar deaths were recorded in Nigeria.
That is in line with the knowledge printed by way of the Nigeria Centre for Illness Keep watch over (NCDC) on Tuesday evening.
9. The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has launched the timetable for the 2020 West African Senior College Certificates Exam (WASSCE).
A commentary signed by way of Demianus Ojijeogu, WAEC’s Head of Public Affairs, reiterated that the tests start Monday, August 17 and can finish Saturday, September 12.
10. Personnel of the Faculty of Training, Ekiadolor, underneath the coalition of unions in Faculty of Training within the college on Tuesday, blocked the primary front gate to the Edo State govt area (Osadebe Street).
The workforce have been protesting their unpaid salaries for the previous one year.