Good morning! Right here is immediately’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Pipelines and Product Advertising Firm (PPMC), has introduced an increment within the pump worth of petrol.
PPMC, a subsidiary of the Nigerian Nationwide Petroleum Company, NNPC, stated the pump worth of petrol has elevated to N151.56 per litre, in an announcement signed by D.O Abalaka of the PPMC.
2. The Ikeja residence of late MKO Abiola was invaded by armed robbers on Wednesday.
The robbers carted away valuables, together with laborious currencies.
3. The Peoples Democratic Occasion, PDP, has rejected the hike in pump worth of petrol and deliberate electrical energy tariff by the Nigerian authorities.
PDP stated the increment was a sign of the punishment Nigerians are being subjected to by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal authorities.
4. The All Progressives Congress (APC), has referred to as on the Peoples Democratic Occasion (PDP) to get up to a brand new Nigeria the place the federal government works for the residents, not for a number of pursuits.
The celebration stated underneath the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, the tortuous gasoline queues because of biting scarcities have been gone.
5. The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has described the federal government to determination to hike the worth of petrol as including insult to harm.
Comrade Ayuba Wabba, the NLC President rejected the brand new improve of Petroleum pump worth to N151 per litre, saying, with the event, the organised labour can’t assure industrial concord.
6. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) on Wednesday evening, confirmed 216 new circumstances from 16 states.
There are Plateau (59), Rivers (27), Abia (22), Lagos (20), Oyo (18), Enugu (17), Kaduna (11), FCT (11), Ogun (10), Ebonyi (4), Osun (4), Ekiti (4), Delta (3), Edo (3), Akwa Ibom (2) and Bauchi (1).
7. President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed the priority of his administration in regards to the sudden spiral of meals costs, at a time when the economic system is already mired in a slowdown occasioned by the worldwide coronavirus state of affairs.
The President assured Nigerians that the state of affairs is transient. His administration has already begun trying and setting up measures to ameliorate the state of affairs.
8. The Socio-Financial Rights and Accountability Mission (SERAP) has advised President Muhammadu Buhari’s authorities to right away reverse the increment in pump worth of petrol.
SERAP, reacting on its official Twitter web page, described the increment as a travesty, noting that the choice will have an effect on thousands and thousands of Nigerians struggling to make ends meet.
9. About 5 hundred members of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, from Isiala Ngwa South Native Authorities Space of Abia State, have defected to the ruling Peoples Democratic Occasion, PDP.
The defectors have been led into the PDP by the Isiala Ngwa North, Isiala Ngwa South and Osisioma Ngwa LGA chairmen of APGA, Mr. Martin’s Onwuka, Mr. Fineface Oguobi and Mr. Samuel Nkoro.
10. Nigeria will face Cote d’Ivoire and Tunisia in pleasant matches in Austria subsequent month.
This was confirmed by the President of the Nigeria Soccer Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, in a tweet thread on Wednesday, who additionally added that the Tremendous Eagles tackle Cote d’Ivoire on October 9 and 2004 Africa Cup of Nations winners Tunisia 4 days later.